Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Monthly Self Portraits


I mentioned in a previous post that I spent 2010 drawing a self portrait every month.  This is true.  Each month, I would pick an art material, take an hour or two, and draw or paint my mug. It was fun, but it also grew tiresome.  In May, I was so sick of my face that I drew my legs and that's OK.  I thought I might do this for the rest of my life and have a unique record of my personal growth, be it physical and artistic.  That didn't happen.  But with some urging from my mother, I decided to take it up again.  So, five years later, I present to you my January self portrait.

 January 2015

It looks kind of distorted and like I'm about to cry because this January I feel kind of distorted and like I'm always on the verge of tears.  It was a rough month.

No comments:

Post a Comment