Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Seemingly Serendipitous Style

Earrings by Dottir

The scarf in my hair perfectly captures all of the colors in my outfit in a fun paint splatter design. 
I did not buy the scarf with this outfit in mind, but when I got dressed and started looking for a scarf to put in my hair, it seemed as though it was always meant to be.
People often ask me if I bought certain perfectly matching items together and let me tell you, that is never the case. I hardly ever shop for full outfits. Instead, I pick out individual pieces that I know will fit in with the rest of my wardrobe. It makes shopping and dressing a lot easier when you have taken the time to define your personal style. For me that means identifying my preferred silhouettes, color palette and fabrics and only incorporating items that fit within those guidelines.

I have found Anuschka Rees' blog to be a great resource in how to define my personal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment