Monday, January 26, 2015

Patterned Tights


Not too long ago, I read something about how to style tights.  It was helpful in most respects,  but it completely glossed over how to style patterned tights, saying "if you need advice on how to style patterned tights, you probably shouldn't be wearing them."  I get it.  It's a little tricky and hard to pull off, but I don't think it's beyond advice.
For me, the trick is to keep the rest of the outfit simple.  If your tights have a pattern on them, they will look best paired with solid colored clothing.  If your tights are a bright color, they will look best paired with neutral colored clothing.  
Also, I always try to make sure that the pattern on the tights matches the theme of the outfit.  This might work better for me than others because I tend to assign a theme to my outfits.  Today, I was 60s Studious, so my brown plaid tights were quite fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment