Sunday, November 10, 2013

Road Trip Capsule Wardrobe

Monday
Similar earrings - My Sister's Closet
Similar coat - Savers

I found this amazing dress at Up 6 when shopping for my Halloween costume.  It's a summer dress, but I really wanted to wear it, so I styled it as best I could for Fall.  I think it's pretty successful.  I might do more outfits like this with my other summer maxi dresses.

Tuesday
Different color skirt - My Sister's Closet
Boots
Similar tights - Urban Outfitters
Similar earrings
Similar hat - Urban Outfitters
Coat - Delia's

Usually, a gray day makes me want to wear as much color as possible, but for some reason, today, I just wore a shit ton of gray.  It did not help improve my mood.

Wednesday
Similar sweater
Shirt
Similar pants - Forever 21
Boots
Similar earrings - Everyday People
Coat - Delia's

I'm still trying to find good ways to style these pants.  This is a little weird.

Thursday
Similar dress - Up 6
Similar tights - Tights
Shoes - Schuler Shoes
Similar coat - My Sister's Closet

I was Veruca Salt for Halloween, but everyone thought I was Little Orphan Annie.

Friday - Sunday



Similar black dress
Houndstooth dress
Similar cardigan
Similar sweater - Savers
Similar striped sweater - Avienna
Similar skirt
Cords - Anthropologie
Leggings
Similar tights in black, blue and plum - Target
Socks
Black boots
Brown boots - Delia's
Similar earrings - Urban Outfitters
Similar penny earrings - I Like You
Similar necklace
Similar hat - Urban Outfitters

I went on tour with my husband's band this weekend to Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee.  I am a notorious over packer, so since I was a non-essential passenger on this trip, I did my best to pack as light as possible and I think I did a pretty good job of coming up with this capsule wardrobe.  I wore 6 different outfits, but could have combined what I brought to make at least 6 more.  When I pack, I like to start by choosing a color pallet.  This time it was black, camel, white and orange.  I started with my tan leather skirt and trusty orange cords.  From there I chose a few tops that I could wear with either of those two items as well as sweaters for layering.  I threw in a little black dress that could be worn with tights, leggings or pants.  Everything else was accessories: a few earrings and necklaces, a hat, a gray scarf, a black jacket, different colored tights, fun socks, black and brown boots.  It worked out splendidly.  I felt like I had options each day.  I could be dressy or casual and every choice was comfortable.
I did have a few flaws in my packing job.  I didn't need two long gray sweaters, I brought two shirts that I did not wear and I didn't pack enough underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment