Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Change of Pace

Over the past couple of weeks, my time has been taken up by other projects such as sewing bags for upcoming craft sales, framing prints for said craft sales and this little number that I'm sharing with you today.  I'll probably be busy with crafty projects until Christmas, so the weekly day by day outfit posts might turn into sporadic outfit posts littered with pictures of handmade bags.  Either way, I'll still be blogging.

As you may or may not know, I sing in a band called Herschel and the Detainees.  It's a lot of fun to be a part of this group and it's a great outlet for creative expression, be it music, art, or what we wear for shows and photo shoots.  Personally, I love that part of it.  I can't stand to see someone performing in a band wearing boring clothes.  All I want to do is style that band.  The way I see it is being on stage is your excuse to wear the craziest shit you can imagine.  The stuff that sits in the back of your closet because it's too shiny, too short, too low cut, too colorful, too whatever it is that makes you think twice about wearing it everyday.  That's the stuff that you can get away with on stage.  Herschel encourages fun performance outfits and I appreciate that.  

He also encourages my art, which is where this post comes from.  After I started this blog, he had the idea for me to draw the band in the style of my daily outfit posts and this is how it turned out.

Herschel on Vocals

Alex on Guitar
Anna (me) on Vocals
Devin on Drums 
Josh on Guitar
Lynelle on Keys & Vocals
Mina on Vocals
Ryan on Bass


No comments:

Post a Comment