Sunday, October 6, 2013

Art shows and Improv and Music, oh my! I'm tired...

Monday

I love color.  I've never been afraid to pair bright colors together and I'm very fond of pairing compliments, making the colors appear even brighter.  I used to be a red and green gal, but lately I find myself  drawn to orange and blue.  Maybe in years to come I'll just wear purple and yellow and get really into football...unlikely.

Tuesday

I'm still not sure about this dress. I got it at a clothing exchange and it's a size too big.  Since it ties in the back, that's not a big problem.  Obviously, the color and pattern are very me.  It's good for the transition from Summer to Fall because the color palette is autumnal but the fabric is light, silky and sheer.  However somehow, I've never felt quite right when wearing it. I don't know how long this one will stick around.

Wednesday

I am definitely ready to do some investigating in this outfit

Thursday

I really liked this outfit, but this drawing makes me look crazy.  Also, drawing houndstooth is the worst.

Friday

This dress is from Dale's in La Crosse, WI.  Dale's carries high end fashion for men and women.  The merchandise is always current and uber trendy.  Unfortunately for Dale, I am not the type of shopper who spends a lot of money on my clothes.  I shop here for the sales, which are very good.  While the prices are high, the clothes are quality.  Everything that I bought from this store has become a very important part of my wardrobe because the pieces are unique while remaining timeless.

Saturday

Another purchase from Dale's.  Classic wide-leg, pinstriped, wool trousers.  They would be the perfect pair of pants if they were high waisted too.  Oh well.  This sweater is a little bit snug, but the tight bodice is off set by the wide leg, creating a nice balance.

Saturday Night

I changed to go see Root City Band.  I thought that my head to toe wool ensemble from earlier was not ideal for dancing at Bunker's where it tends to get crowded and hot.  Turns out that pleather leggings aren't ideal either.

No comments:

Post a Comment