Monday, October 28, 2013

Introducing coats

I have a big coat collection.  I figure, living in a state where I wear a coat 75% of the time, I should have some options.  I consider my coat to be a part of my outfit, but instead of drawing it here, I'll post a link to they type of coat that I wore.

Monday 
Similar earrings - My Sister's Closet
Similar blazer

Orange pants, glorious shirt from Dale's, blah blah blah.

Tuesday
Dress - Aviena
Similar blazer
Similar tights - Target
Boots
Similar earrings - Liz
Coat - Delia's

This dress came from my new favorite store in Sioux Falls, SD.  It's called Aviena and it's rad.

Wednesday
Pants
Shirt - My Sister's Closet
Similar earrings - Claire's
Similar scarf - Savers
Boots
Coat - Delia's

3rd day in a row wearing these shoes.  You may have noticed that my shoes don't vary.  I love shoes and own quite a few, but tend to only wear a select few pairs consistently.  Because of this, I feel that my shoe purchases have become more successful.  I'm pretty fond of these Diba booties from DSW.  They were $50 with a rewards coupon.  They look good with pants and skirts, black and brown.  They're really comfortable and have a big sturdy heel and I enjoy a big sturdy heel.

Thursday
Skirt/Dress
Similar blouse - Vanity
Similar boots
Similar earrings - I Like You
Belt - Savers
Similar coat - Savers

I don't know about this skirt.  It's convertible, in that it can be worn as a dress or a skirt.  It's also one size fits all, which does not exist.  The top part is super stretchy.  When it's not stretched out, the fabric bunches up and doesn't lie flat against my body.  It's also really itchy.  That's it! It's going in the donate pile.

Friday
Similar blouse
Similar dress - Savers
Different color tights
Similar boots
Similar belt
Similar belt buckle
Similar earrings
Ring
Similar coat - Savers

I love this belt buckle.  It was my father's. The imprint on the back reads "Bergamot Brass Works 1973". It has an art nouveau illustration of summer on it, not the Mucha one that I'm familiar with, but an image of a fairy in a garden.  The problem with this buckle, is that this image is not visible to anyone who isn't within 4 inches of my abdomen, which is awkward.  The image is very faint.  I tried to do a rubbing of it, but that didn't even work, so I incorporated a quick sketch.  Even though no one else can see it, I still like to wear this buckle just for me.  It's like my little secret.


Saturday
Similar dress - Lula
Leggings
Boots
Similar earrings - Urban Outfitters
Similar coat

The last time I posted an outfit with pleather leggings, I was wearing a pair from Forever 21.  They're a little too short and cut into my middle in an awkward way.  I found these Kardashian leggings online and bought them with high hopes, thinking that since they are backed by a curvy woman, they would be longer.  They are not, but they do have a slightly high waist, which is more flattering on my figure.

Sunday
Dress - Opitz
Similar tights - Target
Shoes - DSW
Similar earrings
Similar coat

I stand by this dress.  I spent all day in my pajamas but had dinner plans with some friends.  I threw this on and instantly looked put together, but still felt cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment