Sunday, October 13, 2013

Orange Pants Saga

Monday
Similar bracelet - My Sister's Closet

I got this top at a clothing exchange and I wear it backwards.  It's supposed to be a cardigan that ties under the bust.  It looks awkward when I wear it that way and I can't find anything in my wardrobe that looks good with it.  When I turn it around it becomes a sheer blouse with a sexy open back and it looks much better.  I have to wear it with pants or a skirt with a high rise, but that's not really a problem for me.

Tuesday
Similar earrings - Urban Outfitters

I know what you're thinking, "How many pairs of orange pants can one person own?"  The answer to that question is a bajillion.  "How many pairs of orange pants SHOULD one person own?  Maybe one.  Here's what happened.  About 6 years ago, I happened upon a sale at the Gap where I purchased these amazing pants (only in an adult size).  At the time, I was looking for a pair of red pants and thought that these would do.  They fit really well (good length, good rise) and they were inexpensive (~$20).  Believe me, people, these pants were incredible.  I wore them at least once a week because they worked beautifully with my existing wardrobe and they only got better with age...until they didn't.  I started to notice how thin they had become in certain areas and then all of the sudden they seemed too short.  My grieving process started with trying to replace them, but I couldn't.  I still can't find them.  Luckily, around this time, orange and coral became all the rage.  There were orange pants everywhere.  I found some rust colored cords at Old Navy, but they weren't quite right and were soon sold at a garage sale.  Then I found these at PacSun.  They're ok, but they're not cords and they get saggy right away.  I definitely can't wear them twice without washing in between.  And then one day Anthropologie opened up on Grand Avenue.  This was the first day of the rest of my life.  I got the catalog in the mail and inside were what appeared to be exact replicas of my Gap cords, only they cost $169!  What's wrong with you Anthropologie?  How can you sleep at night?!?  The next thing I knew, I found myself in the store trying them on and you know what? They were perfect.  Even better than my stupid old Gap pants.  They're softer and longer.  I bought them because they were on sale, but still for a higher price than I would normally spend on pants.  I justified this because I knew that I would wear them all the time and get my money's worth.  And I do, but I still wear the old Gap one's once in awhile.  That was a long rant about orange pants. Here's to hoping that they don't soon become passé.

Wednesday
Similar skirt - Saver's
Similar jacket - Lula
Similar shirt - Old Navy
Similar socks - Target
Similar belt - Savers
Similar boots
Similar brooch
Similar earrings - Up Six

I bought this skirt many years ago and altered it to make it a pencil skirt.  I always liked it but didn't wear it that often.  I bought this jacket at Lula last winter and it matches the skirt perfectly.  Same color, fabric and style.  It's like they were meant to be together.  This is why I hold onto clothes for so long.  Sometimes, I'll love a single item, but I can't figure out what to wear with it or how to style it.  Then something comes along, making it fit perfectly in my wardrobe.  This actually happens a lot and it makes it worth it to hold onto my closet orphans

Thursday
Dress
Similar skirt
Boots
Stockings - Urban Outfitters
Earrings
Similar cuff

I overslept, but luckily, I dreamed about this outfit.  Not bad.

Saturday
Similar blazer
Shirt
Similar skirt
Boots
Similar tights - Target
Similar earrings - BNOX

Hmm, I kind of look like Eddie Izzard in this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment