Friday, February 8, 2019

Social Science vs Retrorama


I wore this outfit to an event at the Science Museum called Social Science: Speakeasy. 
I went with a friend who I used to attend Retrorama with. Retrorama was an annual event put on by the History Center that stopped taking place in 2015. Retrorama encouraged attendees to dress up in their best vintage, participate in a fashion show, imbibe in retro cocktails and snacks, dance to live music, partake in activities and explore the museum's exhibits. We thought that this would be a good replacement. We were wrong. Despite below zero temperatures, the event at the Science Museum was well attended. So well attended, that the entire museum consisted of lines. I felt like I was at Disney Land, but not in a fun way. It was impossible to get a drink or partake in any of the special activities they had arranged for the night. We did explore the exhibits, but I think I would have preferred to do that on any other day with the regular Science Museum crowd, kids and all. I do not recommend this event and this is my plea to the History Center to bring back Retrorama. It was our special thing and we had a good thing going with the photographer.

Retrorama 2010
Retrorama 2010
Retrorama 2011
Retrorama 2012
Retrorama 2013
Retrorama 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment