Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Polar Vortex

We had a very cold week here in Minnesota, so I thought I'd highlight some of the ways I managed not to freeze to death.


I've never worn this huge angora sweater outside of the house before, but I found it necessary on this extra cold day. Sometimes you just need to dress like a bear to feel safe.


Ooh whee!
I've lived through all of the cold, mid-western winters that have occurred over the last 35 years, but I don't think I've ever been so afraid of the cold. I'm literally shaking in my boots. You guys, I know everyone is so sick of talking about the Polar Vortex, but it was terrible and I'm not happy about it.

One good thing that has come of all of these cold winters is that I'm very adept at layering. 
People always wonder why I wear skirts and dresses in the winter. I'm always way warmer in skirts than pants because I can easily add layers under a skirt.


Another abysmally cold day and fantastic feat of layering. Can I get another sweater under there? Certainly.


Honorable mention goes to this coat.
I wear it every time temperatures dip below zero
It's very ridiculous and at the same time very necessary.
Every time I put it on, I say "Don't worry, I've got my big coat" and then I do a little dance.
I'm sure by now, after all of the below zero days we've had this season, my friends and family are very sick of my coat announcements, but I don't really care. It's the only happiness I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment