Monday, April 18, 2016

Yellow and Black? Like a Bumblebee?

I tend to gravitate towards a different set of colors each season and I've been feeling Yellow and Black this spring. I'm finding that only using the black, white, gray and yellow items in my closet this season, I am able to come up with multitudes of interesting and chic outfits. Here's a sampling of some from last week.


The first night that I wore this look, it was a big hit and I've been recreating this silhouette ever since.  This combination of high-waisted, slim fitting pants, a tucked in blouse, and a cropped jacket really works for me. It's also a good way to utilize this amazing yellow and black plaid jacket that I scored at a garage sale last fall. 


I do believe that this scarf is what influenced this color combination in the first place. It's probably the best scarf that ever existed and I wish I had at least 4 more just like it. There's something about it that makes many of my ensembles look effortless and completely pulled together at the same time.


Ok, so this outfit does not include yellow, but it's a pretty good use of only black and white and it's an incredible example of my layering skills. This outfit consists of black leggings underneath a long-sleeved black slip dress underneath a short-sleeved sweater dress underneath a sleeveless, knee length vest and I've managed to avoid looking bulky or busy. Excuse me while I give myself a round of applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment