Wednesday, April 6, 2016

March is a Fickle Friend


Today was a beautiful day and I did my best to honor it with my outfit. Here's to no socks, light layers, and sunshiny yellow!
The shoes I'm wearing are exactly like a pair of moccasins I had when I was a little girl. The pair I'm wearing now are a few sizes larger and a few shades whiter, but they're pretty much the same.

proof that I was once a little girl and that I had tiny shoes
I think I rocked these mocs everyday for at least one summer

Remember yesterday? Well, today is nothing like that. 
It's cold and it probably snowed or wintry mixed or something. 
I made myself feel better by wearing this lovely wool jacket and a hat all day. I felt a bit like a 1970s reporter and that's fun.

I wore this beautiful turquoise necklace today and yesterday and when I did these drawings, I couldn't remember where it had come from. Once I remembered, I got sad because it came from a beautiful boutique that is no longer open. BNOX was located on the Mississippi river in Pepin, WI about a block down from the Harbor View Cafe. If you've never been to the the Harbor View, make it a point to get there some weekend this summer. Trust me, it's worth an hour+ drive down the river from the cities. Anyway, I used to meander over to this jewelry shop after dinner and ogle the things I couldn't afford, sometimes buy something I could and almost always pick up a new soap rock. Now all I do when I'm through with dinner is cry into my wine...I mean relax in an adirondack chair overlooking the Mississippi.


No comments:

Post a Comment