Tuesday, April 14, 2015

New Favorite Outfit


I have so many things to say about this outfit. 
First of all, I've been watching Friends lately and I find that this outfit is very Phoebe inspired. Side note: Phoebe is surprisingly my new favorite character. She's presented as quirky, ditsy and weird, but she usually gives the best advice and comes off as the most grounded and sound minded member of the group. Kind of like Luna in Harry Potter. Also, she dresses cool.
Second, this skirt is actually a maxi dress that I've folded under to fit like a floor-sweeping skirt. This is one of the many things that I do to extend my wardrobe. Just because something was intended to be worn one way, doesn't mean that you have to wear it like that. I wear shit inside out and backwards often. Layering with sleepwear is another go to for me. Dresses as skirts and skirts as dresses is pretty common.
Third, the top is a wash-shrunken shirt that someone gave to me because it was too small for her. It's too small for me too, but I took it anyway. Normally, I wear it underneath things so that you can't tell how short it is. After trying my dress as skirt idea, I thought, this would look really great with a crop top, which I don't have. Bright idea! Wash-shrunken shirt is now a crop top.
Now I want to go out and buy a crop top or two because I foresee them as something that will get a lot of wear this summer.
I topped this all off with my sweet sweet orange leather jacket and this officially became my new favorite outfit. I'm restraining myself from wearing this everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment