Thursday, October 1, 2015

Notes on Puce

"Gettin' it in camel"

If I could commit to something like a "Fall fashion concept", this would be it.


I'm not sure how to correctly portray the color of these tights. The packaging says that they're "olive oil". Olive oil is just a marketable Puce, which is what I call this color. However, when I googled the color puce, I found this color name to be quite controversial. Apparently, "puce" is a dark reddish purple, but when I took a small poll, the general public thinks puce is a dark greenish yellow. Maybe this has something to do with associations with the term "puke green". Now I'm left totally confused and ashamed of my color naming abilities.
Whatever you want to call it, I love the color and I love these sweater tights from Poppy. I'm going to be wearing them a lot this coming Fall and Winter, so I had better get a "puce" (or whatever) colored marker to better represent them in my drawings.


I woke up this morning with thoughts of casual comfort. I was gonna wear some jeans and a simple top and feel great about myself. I don't know how it happened, but this is what I came up with: black slacks, a backless blouse and high-heeled boots. I'm so messed up. I can't not get fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment