Thursday, March 7, 2019

Old Toddler


This look is very reminiscent of how I dressed in my early 20s. I would regularly pair men's vintage button ups with a shrunken cardigan and cuffed straight leg jeans. I also used to be obsessed with mary janes, however, in my early 20s, I would have worn this outfit with combat boots for a little extra kick. 
It's funny, I used to worry about getting stuck in a style rut. When I was 24, I was concerned that I would never outgrow my penchant for pigtails, babydoll dresses and knee high socks and that I would turn into some weird old lady who dresses like a toddler. These are the types of things that I worry about. 
Turns out, I grew out of pigtails because I realized that short hair suits me much better and the rest of my childlike style habits still exist, but I'm good at mixing them in with more age appropriate looks. I'm also fully aware of myself when I dress in a way that used to be my calling card, but I have since moved on from, like today. Hopefully that means that my style will continue to evolve as I age and I can stop worrying so much about my sartorial future.

No comments:

Post a Comment