Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Ode to Experimentation

The following outfits are experimental. While I love experimenting with clothes, it hardly ever results in a perfect outfit. Here are a few examples of what I consider to be flubs:


I've had this sweater dress hanging in my closet for over a year now and this is the first time I've worn it. I find the design of this dress to be a little baffling. It's a heavy knit, turtle neck mini dress with cap sleeves. In what climate is this appropriate? I also find the bright orange color to be a little overbearing. Yeah, you heard me right. Overbearing.

I decided to try it out by layering the dress over my trusty, long-sleeved slip dress, some sweater tights and leg warmers. This worked out ok to keep me warm, but I think I overdid it with the colors. If I wear this dress again, I might swap in gray tights for the blue to tone it down a little. 


Here's another dress that I'm wearing for the first time. I like it a lot layered with this vest, but next time I should rethink the tights and shoes. These red tights were old, with busted out elastic and I spent the entire day pulling them up to my waist where they belong. They are now in the trash, so I have no choice but to wear different tights the next time I try this outfit. As for sandals in January...I don't know, we all make mistakes.


How many turtlenecks are too many turtlenecks? I think the answer might be two.

No comments:

Post a Comment