Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Going for: Simplicity

Monday

This forever 21 top looks like a a bustier layered over a white shell, but it's all one piece that zips up in the back.  The shape of the pencil skirt says business, but the ponte fabric says comfort.  All day, I was told that I looked so fancy, but I was really wearing the simplest outfit I've worn in awhile.  This is my thing.  I make cheap fashion look expensive...at least I try.

Tuesday

I've been waiting for some time to wear this dress.  I bought it this summer, and the color is very summery, but it's long sleeved and polyester.  Too hot for July.  The print is tulips, which I always associate with Spring.  I was thinking that I would have to wait until April to wear it because it's not very autumnal.  Fortunately we had a couple cool days this week and I took my opportunity.  I'm really diggin' it.  
Note to self: I bet it would look really good with some brown boots.

Wednesday

Here's another minimalist outfit that I enjoy.  This might be a new thing for me.  I like it.
This tunic is actually a dress that is too small for me.  I've been trying to figure out what to pair with it and I find that these slim columnist pants work pretty well.  And the shoes.

Thursday

Ok, so I'm thinking that I'll dress up as Janine from Ghostbusters for Halloween and wear exactly this.  I seriously love Annie Potts.

Also, this jumper is covered in a really intense olive, chartreuse, coral, turquoise, yellow, and black paisley print and I could not muster the gumption required to recreate it.  Please forgive.

Friday

This is the dress that ripped down the side the first time I wore it.  Today, one of the side seams of the lining came undone.  The top layer of this vintage dress is in really great condition, but the lining that attaches to the skirt is falling apart.  I'm gonna have to get that replaced, because I don't want to have to mend it every time I wear it.  Bummer.
Also, I take back what I said about drop waist dresses.  This one is working for me.

Tuesday
Boots
Similar earrings - I Like You

Labor day has passed, but I still want to wear white.  I know that's not really a rule anymore, but still, it sticks.  I think it has something to do with the final scene in Serial Mom.  It's funny the things you hold onto.  Anyhoo! Here's my fall interpretation of the white summer dress.  I think it's working, mainly because of the boots.  How amazing are these boots?! The answer is very.

No comments:

Post a Comment